Individuals and Families
Given the environment of the ministry, both the physical building (not child proof) and the circumstances of the clients we serve, we find it difficult to find ways for younger children to serve both at the center and the store. We have found it necessary to set a minimum age limit for volunteering - 14 yrs old at the center and 16 yrs old at the store.
There are, however, many ways in which your family can still support the Real Life Center. These are just a few suggestions, but feel free to come up with your own ideas - we can always add them to our list!
· Neighborhood Food Drives - we can provide flyers and supplies.
· When you are out shopping and purchase Buy One, Get One Free items, you can donate the free item.
· Children can help clean out their closets/drawers and box up items they have outgrown to donate.
· Make cards that can be given out to clients in the food pantry bags (i.e. Christmas, Easter, etc.) You can add scripture and a word of encouragement to them.
· Set up a jar to collect spare change or hold a “Penny Drive” with your neighbors, friends, Girl/ Boy Scout Troop, Sports Team, etc. This could be a contest at school between classes!
· Make toiletry kits for us to hand out that include: shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, toothpaste
· You can hold a bake sale, lemonade stand, or car wash to raise money for RLC.
· You can hold a drive in your neighborhood, at school, or at church and collect used Jeans, books, coats, new socks/underwear or school supplies.
· Make it a fun competition by holding a scavenger hunt collecting items in neighborhoods.
· Daily Bread - Families with babies or young children can serve in our bread ministry. Volunteers work on a regular schedule picking up bread items from local grocery stores and delivering them to the center.
· Children can clip coupons from the Sunday paper or online sources to donate to RLC for the food pantry and/or clients to use.
Click here to contact us about helping.