Create Change. . .
The goal of Dogwood Production is to create worship environments that lead people into an unforgettable encounter with God. Environments are created through the use of lighting, audio, IMAG, video, and graphics in conjunction with the flow of the service. Production elements infuse energy, visuals, and dynamic change into the service allowing people to experience God in new and exciting ways. It is our desire that as we create change people are pointed to an authentic relationship with Jesus.
Currently there are six facets of the production team...audio, video, lighting, propresenter, producing, and scenic.
Audio: This team is responsible for mixing and operating the sound for all weekend events.
Video: This team operates the video rig that provides the live content for the screens during services.
- positions available: Audio 1 and Audio 2. Audio 1 is in charge of mixing front of house and is assisted by the A2 who helps with setup, sound check, microphones, batteries etc...A1 is also responsible for training the A2 person into an A1 volunteer.
Lighting: This team designs, builds, programs, and operates stage lighting for worship services and other events.
- positions available: Switcher and Camera Operator. The switcher is in charge of mixing between multiple video inputs (i.e. cameras, DVD player, propresenter) to output to the screens. The camera operators run three cameras at the direction of the switcher for every service to produce live IMAG of all elements of the service.
ProPresenter: This team operates the imac that runs ProPresenter to display lyrics, graphics, lower-thirds, and videos.
- positions available: Lighting Designer and Lighting Technician. The lighting designer works with the Producer, Scenic Design Team Video Team and other Worship Team members as necessary to create lighting "looks" that complement and enhance events on stage. He is also responsible for pre-production programming and live operation of the lighting control board during these events. The Lighting Technician performs the pre-production rigging and focusing of lights and helps create the lighting looks as specified by the Lighting Designer. This is usually the entry-level position on the lighting Team.
Producing: This team assist the production team by focusing on the big picture, including keeping time, calling cues, and assisting where needed.
- positions available: ProPresenter. The person running pro is in charge of running lyrics for the worship portion of the service, triggering any video playback, and displaying any sermon notes for the weekend.
Scenic: This team assists with the design, development and implementation of sets.
- positions available: Producer. This person is the quarterback of front of house. Their job is to ensure that everything is running as it should, they are the keeper of the time and the one to make sure things happen as planned.
- positions available: Set Team. This person assist when needed on the design and building of sets. This position is not regular since some series do not require special set designs.
If you are interested in serving in any of these areas or would like more information, click here to email John Philips.